Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How to change your blogger background



How to change your blogger blogspot background

So, I've only had my blogspot for an hour, and I was already unhappy with my background.

I wanted to change it but couldn't figure out!  Well, here's how I did it, and it worked fine

1. Find a background photo that you wish to make as your background.  You can get this from anywhere (eg. Google Images) or you may already have it. 

2. Upload the image to an image sharing site (eg. photobucket.com) 

3. Follow image sharing site instructions to upload. Make sure you copy the URL of the picture

4. In Blogger, go to Design > Edit HTML

5. Be careful what you change from here.  In the text box, you need to find the section of coding which relates to the "body".  It will be nearby a section which will say "Content" that would look something along the lines as this:
/* Content
----------------------------------------------- */
body {
  font: $(body.font);
  color: $(body.text.color);
  background: $(body.background)
}
6. Where it says "background: $(body.background)"  replace those words as below where the word "LINK" is your URL to your picture:

/* Content
----------------------------------------------- */
body {
  font: $(body.font);
  color: $(body.text.color);
  background: url(LINK)
}

There you have it.  Hopefully I have explained myself correctly here.  I wanted to help other people as I had this problem.  If you're still confused, please let me know and I am glad to help.

- tork