Tuesday, December 14, 2010

RE: Foxtel - Why do I have you?


This is a response letter to the blog: Foxtel - Why do I have you?
This is to show you how to save money with Foxtel.


Dear Foxtel,

Thank you for your return email asking me to contact your offices by phone to discuss my concerns. It was good to catch up with you man, as it's been so long.

So, I spoke to you about my problem, how I am only watching you for a few hours a week and that was it.  We chatted about how I thought it was time for us to part ways.  Sorry for upsetting you like that, I really liked your idea though, of cutting my monthly bill from $60 per month to $40 per month.

I didn't understand it though when you said that you had to pass me through to disconnections.  Then there was this hold music or something on the line and your voice changed to a girls voice!  You then tried to sell me an IQ box at no cost until a years time. That's not what we were talking about, it was as if I was talking to a different person! You were trying to make me pay more money than save money!  Had me concerned.

Anyway, when I reminded you that you had just said that you were willing to charge me only $40 per month for the next 6 months instead of the usual $60, you remembered and agreed.  Oh, and thanks for not making me sign a new contract, that was a good idea too.

I am glad that we sorted out our differences and that we are friends again *insert virtual high five here*  YEAH!

Hopefully over the next 6 months you are nice to my wallet, because I've got that baby my wife and I are expecting to pay for, like we talked about.  If not, I'll let you know.


Anyway, thanks again!


- tork


PS. If it doesn't work out, perhaps that $6 per month for 6 months will be something we can talk about soon.  Cheers.