Sunday, April 3, 2011

Songs to Inspire - Song 11


Share









Feeling unmotivated? Need inspiration? Need to be inspired?

Inspiration comes from within, you just sometimes need to be reminded - Torkona

Every Sunday I post a song to help you find your inspiration.

This week, I am making up for last week.  I didn't provide a song to help inspire. I was just too busy.  So, I am making up for it with two songs, and I am pulling out the big guns.

These songs are perhaps the two biggest songs that I find inspiring.

This first one pulls on your heart strings.  It is one of my all time favourites.

Johnny Cash covers a Nine Inch Nails song called "Hurt" in 2002.  This was one of his final hit releases before his death. He died in 2003. It was critically acclaimed and named best video of the year at the Grammy Awards and Country Music Awards.

It makes me want to cry, and sometimes it does.  It is inspires me to just let go and do it. I hope you find it equally as moving.



This next one is by Ben Folds Five.  It is called "Brick".


This song is about the emotions and feelings that the singer (Ben Folds) went through during a tough time.  When he was young, he and his girlfriend at the time found out they were pregnant.  The two young kids were unintentionally pregnant. Being young, they decided to abort the pregnancy, this is how he shows the world what he went though and how he felt.


It inspires me to show the world, and my own little world, how I feel, no matter how tough it might be.




I know, these two songs might seem as sad as all hell, but sometimes it's good to let it out.

Let it inspire you to just, let it out.

If it's too much sad, here are some monkeys :-) http://youtu.be/PmMSBn7gtiU

Have a great day!

- tork