Friday, February 24, 2012

Bad Blogger Step 4: Life's Rambles


Welcome to Step 4 in my I'm a Bad Blogger series. You can find my original bad blogger post here.

This one, I'm not sure how it's going to work out..


4. Use long paragraphs


My boy is growing up so fast. He stands now. Not so much by himself, he still needs something to hold onto, but he'll get himself onto two feet without a worry. Man he's growing fast. He'll be one year old soon. He's making me feel very old. I'll soon have a one year old son... Argh!! That is crazy. I remember a time long past when I was wondering if I'll ever even have a girlfriend, let alone a wife, a house, a kid. It seriously is amazing how fast time passes. You do look back on your life as it moves so fast. You look at days you wasted and wishing you could go back and waste them all again. And you remember friends you've had and lost, wondering what they've been up to without having to add them on Facebook. Hell, remember when there was no social media like Facebook? Remember when mobile phones didn't even exist? I remember telling mum "I'll be back by 5 o'clock. I'm just going down to school to shoot some hoops." If my son was ever to do that, I probably wouldn't let him go without his phone.

How the crap did we ever manage? How did our parents know where we are. These days I am sure kids are telling their parents that they are going to Place A, but going to Place B, knowing full well Mum and Dad won't show up without a phone call first. My Mum would randomly come to the Basketball courts to come get me, even shoot some baskets too. I also remember when I almost knocked myself out after setting up benches for dunking competitions. Now, schools are locked, parents are seconds away from communication with their kids, and I am weeks away from turning 30. Holy shit. Doesn't life just creep up on you super fast? I'm looking forward to my boy's first birthday, but I'm also looking forward to every single birthday after that. Someone tell him to stop growing so fast! Someone tell me to hit record on my Video Camera more often too! I keep forgetting, living more in the moment than recording the moment :-)

How do you recommended slowing life down? Perhaps taking a break and hitting the Enter key occasionally?

:-)

- tork