Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dude Food - Sardine & Broccoli Pasta with Chilli


Last night, the wife told me I'm going out for tea tonight for a girls night!

Music to my ears because I get to make dude food! Food for dudes, aka me!

Something that I'd eat but my wife turns her nose up at.  This is a Jamie Oliver recipe that I just added bacon to.  FYI - adding bacon to anything makes any dish fall into the dude food category.


Sardine & Broccoli Pasta with Chilli



Ingredients
3-4 Sardines (or anchovies)
Pasta of your choise
Colby cheese
100g bacon pieces
Broccoli
Lime
1 Chilli

1. Boil water in a large pot and add pasta and broccoli pieces once boiled.  Season with salt but don't throw away the broccoli stalk, we'll use that later.


2. Fry bacon pieces in frying pan with oil whilst you are chopping into fine pieces the chilli and sardines.  You can use a food processor, but it's much more fun cutting the shit out of things.  Finely cut the broccoli stalk as well and add that along with the chill & sardines to the frying bacon.

3. Add lime juice to the frying pan, approx a tablespoon.

4. Once bacon has browned, add a small handful of the Colby cheese to the frying pan.  You can use parmesan or any other cheese you like.



5. Drain pasta & broccoli once they're nice and soft and return to the large pot.

6. Combine the frying pan mixture to the large pot and mix together like crazy.

7. Serve with more colby cheese.

8. Fill your face!



Tips
  • I recommend just one large chilli, using the seeds and all.  This is enough heat, but it's up to you.
  • 3 Sardines is plenty for just a hint of fish taste, but another is fine for the sardine lovers out there.

Enjoy!

- tork