Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I'm Writing a Book! - Sneak Peek


If you have hit like on my Facebook page, then you'd know about my current project in the works.

I'm writing and illustrating my own Dad Jokes book!!

I am truly excited about it.  Writing my own book is a very high thing to do on my bucket list.  Sure, I always thought that I'd be writing my own novel or sci-fi story, but a joke book counts and I really hope that it's something people will enjoy.

I want to give my boy a Christmas present I made, but the main premise behind it is to give something back to the community.  My focus for a long time is to help a charity that provides support to sick kids and their families.  These charities are close to my heart.  I've seen the great support and love that these sort of folk show, especially for my family when my boy was unwell in hospital. I've always wanted to give something back and writing a book with money donated to charity has always been in the back of my mind.

When I was contacted by the people at Blurb to write a book, I knew that it was the push that I need to get the ball rolling properly.  Now, after months of work I am so close to finishing it.

I will be giving info of the book through the Facebook page until it is ready to pass onto the general public.  Here is a sneak peek of the back cover!

Why did the banana go to the Doctor?

Because he wasn't peeling very well!

Hilarious.. I crack me up!


I'll be looking for people to review the book once it's completed.  So if you enjoy crap jokes like I do, please drop a comment below if your'e keen on reviewing my book and I will talk to you about it.  Would greatly appreciate it.

Final touches still to be completed.  Will keep you posted.  I hope some people out there are interested in it! If not, at least I've enjoyed myself and will finish something I've always wanted to do.

Yippee!!!  Talk soon guys.

- tork