Sunday, May 12, 2013

Shannan Weight Loss Challenge - Week 5


Ohhh man... what.a.week..

Had to weigh myself at a different time of day this week.  Didn't have access to a set of scales. I think that throws out your weekly weigh-in figures.

Anyway, I've been hundreds of kilometres away the last few days for a funeral. Throws a spanner into the works for everything that you usually do, but those things really aren't relevant in the whole grand scheme of things, especially like my 1kg weight gain this week.

You don't worry about what you eat on occasions like these, although I did try and be as good as I can, what with the little cakes and beers to cheer with that I was smashing down.

I did make sure I raised a sweat and exercised.  I made sure I played extra hard with my boy as much as I could, but the sweating I put in just wasn't enough.

Is it ok to let loose every now and then?  We're all human aren't we and sometimes you just feel better after a Chicken Schnitty & chips.  Comfort foods.

Not good though on a weight loss challenge.  Even though I've lost weight, I really want to lose more.  I know just where to go as well, and that is the exercise challenge tabs that Shannan's Challenge has.

I need to rip into it and get under 80kgs.  Would be great if I can do it!

Wish me luck!

- tork

PS. Happy Mothers day as well everyone.  Weight loss challenges are nothing compared to the challenges of being a mother.   We would be nothing without our mothers and I am ever thankful for the mothers in my own life.  I can never repay my wife for all that she does, nor my own mother.  So all I can do is show them how important they are to me, not just on this one day but on all days.

Thanks Mums for all you hard work!